Governance & Accounting Returns 2019-20
Under the new audit framework smaller authorities, including parish councils, with an annual turnover not exceeding £25,000 are exempt from routine external audit. In place of routine audit, these smaller authorities are subject to the new transparency requirements laid out in the Transparency Code. This will enable local electors and ratepayers to continue to be able to access relevant information about the authorities’ accounts and governance.
In 2019-20 Great Somerford was unable to certify itself as exempt from external audit by PKF Littlejohn because, thanks to the receipt of grants for the Play Area project, its income exceeded £25,000. It hereby publishes its external audit submissions together with the other documents required under the Transparency Code :-
1. Certificate for the display of public rights
2. AGAR Section 1 Annual Governance Statement
3. AGAR Section 2 Accounting Statements
4. Annual Internal Audit report
5. Bank reconciliation
6. Explanation of Variances
7. Expenditure over £100
8. Fixed Asset schedule
9. CIL Report
10. Notice of Conclusion of External Audit Completed
11. WI0111 External Audit Certificate 2019-20
Archived information from previous years can be found on the Finance Archive page.